The New Zealand Comedy Trust runs a range of development initiatives throughout the year in order to meet our strategic goals and support the further development of the comedy industry as a whole.
Click on one of the links below to read more about the initiative.
Over the years, we have taken great pride in providing a range of programmes to meet a variety of needs within the industry and for our audiences. With proper support, we are always looking to bring these initiatives back and expand beyond our current offerings.
Here’s a brief look back at some of the past projects we have undertaken:
- Creative Comedy Initiative – A year long programme where a comedian receives a grant, as well as production and mentoring support to create a new show
- Producer in Residence – an in-house producer focused on supporting and producing shows that are a part of the Creative Comedy Initiative.
- Et Tū – A diverse showcase of comedians from a variety of cultures at Te Po theatre in Auckland, 2016
- Comedy Convoy – Regional comedy tour, bringing top quality comedy to audiences outside of the Festival hubs of Wellington and Auckland
- Comedy Lab – development opportunity for comedians to showcase new material and receive direct feedback from their peers and audience members.
- Trust Initiatives